387 Simple Solutions Videos
How to Find Square Layout LinesBy: Joe Truini
If laying out square lines is part of your next home improvement project, here’s a great way to do it using the Pythagorean theorem (A² + B² = C²) to form a right angle triangle with 3′ and 4′ sides and a diagonal of 5′:
- Establish a 4′ line parallel to a wall.
- Measure out 3′ from one end of the 4′ line roughly perpendicular to it.
- Hold a tape measure on the other end of the 4′ line.
- Measure 5′ so it forms a triangle with the end of the 3′ line.
- Adjust the angle of the 3′ line until the tape measure aligns with it.
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.