Expert Home Improvement Advice
How To • Videos • Lawn & Garden • DIY • Articles
Stripping Door Hardware the Natural Way with Vinegar
Watch this video to find out how to strip paint from door hardware by soaking it in heated household vinegar. ...More
Stripping Door Hardware the Natural Way with VinegarBy: Joe Truini
To strip paint from door hardware using vinegar:
- Heat 1 cup of white vinegar with 1 cup of water in a pot on a stove.
- Pour the heated mixture into an old cake pan with the painted hardware.
- Let the hardware sit in the vinegar until the paint softens.
- Remove the hardware from the vinegar, and clean using a soft bristled brass brush.
- Rinse the hardware with water and dry.
Please Leave a Comment
3 Comments on “Stripping Door Hardware the Natural Way with Vinegar”
You can follow comments to this article by subscribing to the RSS news feed with your favorite feed reader.
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.