Expert Home Improvement Advice
How To • Videos • Lawn & Garden • DIY • Articles
Tip for Gathering Leaves in Your Yard
When raking leaves, one of the biggest challenges is how to gather and haul the leaves away. Watch this video for a simple tip using a cardboard box that can make the job of disposing of leaves in your yard a lot easier. ...More
Tip for Gathering Leaves in Your YardBy: Tricia Craven Worley
When raking leaves, one of the biggest challenges is how to gather and haul the leaves away. Here’s a tip that can make the job of disposing of leaves in your yard easier.
- Take a medium size cardboard box (about 18” x 24”).
- Seal up one end of the box with packing or duct tape.
- Remove three of the flaps from the other end of the box, leaving one flap on the long side.
- Position the box with the flap on the ground next to the leaves.
- Place a foot on the flap to hold the box in place, and rake the leaves into it.
- Carry or drag the box to your compost pile or to the street for pick up.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Easy Way to Bag Leaves in Your Yard (video)
- Tip for Bagging Leaves in Your Yard (video)
- How to Recycle Leaves in Your Yard (article)
- Types of Rakes for Your Lawn or Garden (video)
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.