925 How To Videos
How to Keep Dogs from Digging Under a Fence GateBy: Danny Lipford
I’ve found that some dogs are notorious escape artists when confined to a fenced yard. The easiest way for a dog to escape is by digging under the gate, since it has a gap under it to allow the gate to swing open and closed.
Here’s an easy fix I’ve found to prevent your dog from digging under a fence gate:
- Dig a trench in the ground under the gate between the two gate posts.
- Cut a treated landscape timber to length so it fits between the two gate posts.
- Position the landscape timber in the trench under the gate.
- Attach the landscape timber to the gate posts using galvanized deck screws.
- Fill in the trench back in with dirt around the landscape timber.
Watch this video to see how it’s done.
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.