Expert Home Improvement Advice
How To • Videos • Lawn & Garden • DIY • Articles
Tips for Choosing Colors When Painting Rooms in Your Home
Find tips on how to choose paint colors for the different rooms in your house based on the size and function of each room. ...More
Tips for Choosing Colors When Painting Rooms in Your HomeBy: Jodi Marks
When deciding on the color to paint a room in your home, keep the following tips in mind:
- Bedrooms benefit from cooler colors, such as greens and blues, since they have a calming effect that will help you relax.
- Rooms for entertaining—like a kitchen, living room, or den—are a good place to use warmer colors, such yellows and reds, to liven up a room.
- Neutral and lighter colors are great for opening up small spaces as well as blending colors from different areas together.
- Darker colors can make a bold statement, but they also can make a room seem smaller.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Paint a Room Like a Pro (article/video)
- How to Choose Interior Paint for Your Home (video)
- Interior and Exterior House Painting Tips (article/video)
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.