Expert Home Improvement Advice
How To • Videos • Lawn & Garden • DIY • Articles
How to Dig a Circle Around a Tree
For a professional finish around trees planted in the lawn, loop a rope around the tree trunk and the shaft of a spade. Adjust the length so that the spade reaches to the drip line of the tree. Scribe the outline of a circle, then remove the rope and retrace the circle, sinking the spade vertically to make a neat, clean edge. ...More
How to Dig a Circle Around a TreeBy: Tricia Craven Worley
To dig a perfect circle around a trees planted in the lawn:
- Loop a rope around the tree trunk, and attach it to the shaft of a spade.
- Adjust the length so that the spade reaches the desired distance from the tree.
- Use the spade to mark the outline of a circle.
- Remove the rope and dig down at the mark around the tree.
- Remove the turf under the tree and cover the area with mulch.
Please Leave a Comment
One Comment on “How to Dig a Circle Around a Tree”
You can follow comments to this article by subscribing to the RSS news feed with your favorite feed reader.
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.