Water and Energy Saving Tips for Your Home
By: Allen Lyle
Changing the way you go about everyday household chores can have a significant impact on how much energy you use in your home. Here are some tips to help you save:
- Use a slow cooker instead of a conventional oven to prepare meals.
- Limit the number of times you open and close the refrigerator door.
- Don’t prerinse dishes when filling the dishwasher.
- Only wash full loads of clothes and use cold water.
- Be careful not to overload the dryer since it will take longer to dry clothes.
- Clean the lint filter on your dryer regularly.
- Use a clothes line, rather than the dryer, to dry clothes.