6 Common Plumbing Problems and How to Fix Them
Plumbing emergencies can arise when you least expect them. You might go to take a shower and find no water, or just cold water. Or the toilet may overflow with dirty water. Leaking kitchen pipes could cause a mess.
While you can fix some minor plumbing issues, other incidents require a professional’s help.
Common Plumbing Issues
You won’t know when, and you won’t know how, but you can expect these plumbing issues at some point:
1. Clogged drains: The drains for showers and bathroom sinks may often clog due to hair or soap buildup. Clearing the clog may require the use of a plunger or other professional instruments. Read: How to Unclog a Tub Drain
2. Dripping faucets: A leaking faucet can raise your water bill fast — all those drips add up! Read: How to Repair a Leaky Faucet
3. Clogged toilet: Human waste and paper can cause toilets to clog. If you can’t unclog it yourself, you would need to contact an emergency plumber service. Emergency plumbers are ready to serve you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
4. Slow-draining sink: A blockage often restricts the smooth flow of water through your kitchen sink. This kind of blockage is often caused by buildup of hair and sewage. Read: How to Unclog a Sink Drain Fast
5. Pipe leaks: Left ignored for too long, leaking pipes can cause the loss of lots of water and cause major spikes in your water bills. Read: How to Repair a Leaking Buried Pipe
6. Trouble with the water heater: The water may become too heated or not heated enough. There may also be weird banging and gurgling noises inside the water heater. First, identify the source of the trouble. If the origin is within your water heater, call for immediate help. Read: How to Maintain a Water Heater
When Doing It Yourself…
Follow these tips when you plan to do plumbing work by yourself:
1. Before you attempt a plumbing repair, turn off the main water supply.
2. Prepare the tools. Make sure that you have everything you need for the procedure before you start repairs.
3. Dress accordingly. Plumbing is messy; you will get dirty and wet in the process.
4. Keep the phone number of an emergency plumber service handy in case anything goes wrong or you can’t fix the issue.
You May Also Like:
|Important Plumbing Checks When Buying ...||Fix a Leaking Spigot||Delta Wi-Fi Leak Detector||Tip for Cleaning Under the Refrigerator|