Close Ad >>

Can a Tankless Hot Water Heater Be Installed in a Mobile Home?

Can I put an on-demand gas water heater on a mobile home? I keep running out of hot water too soon. -Norman

Hi Norman,

A tankless hot water heater can be installed on a trailer or manufactured home as long as you have a large enough gas line to supply it, or the properly rated electrical cable and breaker in the case of an electric model.

On gas models, make sure you choose one configured for your gas supply, since many manufactured or mobile homes use propane rather than natural gas. All the major tankless water heater manufacturers carry models for both propane and natural gas.

Rinnai, Rheem, Takagi, and Bosch are all good brands to consider.

Good luck with your project,

Danny

Comments

6 Comments on “Can a Tankless Hot Water Heater Be Installed in a Mobile Home?”

Thomas Boni Says:
    March 26th, 2018 at 1:22 pm

Hi, Tanya,
    We receive numerous questions about specific products; due to the high volume of mail we receive, we do recommend contacting the manufacturer for such inquiries.
    In this case, you can find the contact information at https://www.richmondwaterheaters.com/.
    Good luck!

• Tanya Phillips Says:
    March 25th, 2018 at 4:40 pm

We’re have a double wide trailer and are considering installing a Richmond tankless gas water heater. Do you know if these are rated for mobile homes?

• Fred Botha Says:
    February 6th, 2018 at 11:11 am

I wanted to install a Tagaki tankless hot water heater in my manufactured home and decided to call Tagaki directly. I was told that their units no longer carries the certification for manufactured homes. which means that the warranty will be voided if installed in a manufacured home. So my search continues.

• Bruce Herbert Says:
    October 19th, 2015 at 7:18 pm

There are takless hot water heaters made specificly for mobile homes. I don’t know what the difference is to be truthfull. But I do know for insurance purposes you. Must install the proper unit in a mobile home.

• Cynthia Rose Says:
    November 21st, 2014 at 10:41 am

My uncle recently moved to a small town in Colorado, and he is staying in a mobile home. He was wanting to install a tank-less water heater, but after reading this, I can see he needs to be careful. I will tell him to read this.
    Cynthia

• Lyda Says:
    February 8th, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Bosch does not approve them for mobile homes.

Can a Tankless Hot Water Heater Be Installed in a Mobile Home?