Easy DIY Water Features for Your Yard, Garden, Patio, or Deck
By: Julie Day
A water feature is a beautiful, soothing addition to any garden or outdoor retreat, whether it’s a spacious backyard or a small balcony. This easy DIY water feature can be made in an afternoon, with supplies readily available at your local home center or recycled from items you might have around the house!
Here’s what you need to know to make your own homemade water feature.
What You’ll Need to Make a Water Feature
The best part about this project is that it’s customizable – you can make your water feature any size, shape, or style you like. To make a water feature, you’ll need:
- Plants: Aquatic plants for water features are a bit expensive, but just one or two will quickly multiply and fill your fountain.
How to Make a DIY Water Feature
- Step 5: Test Pump: Make sure the power cord is completely dry, then plug it in and enjoy your new fountain! Adjust the pump valve as needed, to get as much (or as little) gurgling noise as you like, and to keep water from splashing out of the bowl.
- How To Choose a Water Feature or Fountain For Your Yard (video)
- Removing Foam from a Garden Fountain (article)
- How to Build a Stone Waterfall (video)
You May Also Like:
|Choosing a Water Feature||Unifying Your Outdoor Living Space Wit...||How to Install Landscape Lighting||Staining a New Wood Deck|