February Home Maintenance To-Do List
By: Danny Lipford
To-Do #3: Clean and Degrease Kitchen Cabinets
Keep on those rubber gloves for the next task on your February list! Even if you use an exhaust fan while cooking, over time kitchen cabinets get coated with a layer of grease from cooking. Then, dust gets caught in the grease, resulting in a layer of good old-fashioned grime.
Here’s an easy way to clean and degrease kitchen cabinets without using harsh chemicals:
- Spray down the cabinets with citrus-based cleaner, and let it sit a few minutes to cut through the grease.
- Dampen a sponge and heat it in a microwave for 30-40 seconds.
- Wearing rubber gloves to keep from burning your hands, use the hot sponge to clean the cabinets.
- Use a dry towel to wipe off any remaining residue after you scrub.
- If the cabinets still appear a little grimy or hazy, spritz them lightly with citrus cleaner or a white vinegar solution, and wipe them clean with a fresh dry towel.
You May Also Like:
|Enter Win Danny 2018 Contest||Tip for Cleaning Under the Refrigerator||Ask Danny Your Home Improvement Questi...||Why You Should Choose a Metal Roof|