Guide to Rechargeable Tool Batteries
By: Julie Day
Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) Batteries
Advantages of NiMH Batteries
Size AA NiMH batteries.
- Higher Capacity: NiMH batteries can hold more energy than NiCd.
- No Heavy Metals: NiMH batteries don’t contain cadmium, mercury, or lead – the three main toxic heavy metals in other types of batteries.
- Lighter: NiMH are the middleweights of the battery scene, lighter than NiCd but heavier than Li-Ion.
- Smaller: NiMH batteries are also the middle battery in term of size.
- Middle Price: NiMH batteries are between NiCd and Li-Ion in price, making them a good middle-of-the-road choice.
Disadvantages of NiMH Batteries
« Previous Page Next Page »