30 Halloween Decorating Tips for Your Home
Halloween House Decorating Theme Ideas
Here are some tips for turning your house into the spookiest haunt in the neighborhood.
To turn your home in a creepy, deserted house:
- Festoon windows with spiders and cobwebs.
- Add a few broken-glass stickers to windows for a creepy abandoned haunted house.
- Darken the porch lights with black lights or yellow bulbs.
- Hang the porch swing crookedly.
- Prop some scraps of wood across a couple of windows for a boarded-up effect.
- If the first frost has already killed off your summer flowers, gather some dead stems for spooky arrangements.
- For a haunted feel, add some flickering electric candles in the windows with spooky silhouettes on the glass.
Kid-Friendly Goblin House
Have your children lend a helping hand with these craft projects:
- Carve or paint pumpkins to decorate porch steps.
- Use sheets or plastic drop cloths to make white ghosts.
- Make jack-o’-lantern scarecrows using old clothing, straw, and goofy hats.
- Replace porch light bulb with a black light.
- Decorate the porch with homemade decorations made out of white paper.
- Make a “Halloween tree” with orange and black streamers, strings of orange lights, and homemade Halloween-themed ornaments.
- Inflatable lawn decorations and battery-powered flickering “candles” make fun kid-friendly decorations as well.
If you’re more into tricking than treating, try adding some of these creepy lawn ornaments:
Or, put together your own scary scene using old furniture, clothing and dolls.
Paint scraps of wood or cardboard to look like tombstones and hang scary-looking figures or silhouettes from the trees. Finally, use a smoke machine and scary sound effects on the stereo to creep out even the bravest of souls.
Create a picturesque autumn scene with these decorations:
- Bales of straw
Even if you go spooky for Halloween, be sure to keep a few pumpkins uncarved to enjoy through Thanksgiving!
Click below to continue reading
You May Also Like:
|How to Best Preserve Your Pumpkin for ...||A Real Haunted House?||7 Eco-Friendly Christmas Decorating Tips||Holiday Decorating and Storage Tips|