How to Adjust a Pneumatic Door Closer on a Storm Door
We recently installed a storm door and are having problems closing it. When we open the door and let go, it flies shut but then doesn’t close all of the way?
There are two ways to control a pneumatic door closer:
- Adjusting the bracket that attaches the closer to the door.
- Turning the screw on the end of the closer that regulates the rate at which the air is released from the cylinder.
If the door doesn’t close all the way, adjust the bracket:
- Open the door and slide the stop out to hold the cylinder open.
- Loosen the screws that attach the bracket to the door and move the bracket further out (toward the door handle).
- Or remove the pin that secures the cylinder to the bracket and move it out to a hole further away.
If the door slams shut or closes too slowly, adjust the pneumatic cylinder:
- To slow the closing, turn the screw on the end of the pneumatic cylinder clockwise.
- To speed up the closing, turn the screw counterclockwise.
If adjusting doesn’t help, the closer may need to be replaced. Take your old door closer with you to the home improvement center to be sure the replacement will fit the hardware on your door. Some pneumatic door closers work better than others, so buy a quality one.
Good luck with your project,
You May Also Like:
|How to Install a Pneumatic Door Closer||How to Install a Storm Door||Fix Sagging Screen Door||How to Adjust Cabinet Hinges|