How to Clean Baseboard Heaters
Baseboard heaters can become clogged with dirt, dust, debris, pet dander and hair. Clean them at least once a year to keep them working safely and efficiently.
- Shut off power to the heater. Allow the heating element to cool completely.
- Remove the heater cover.
- Remove any visible debris from inside the unit.
- Vacuum inside the heater with a soft brush vacuum attachment.
- You can also use a pressure steam cleaner to clean the fins. Lay down towels to protect the floor from water damage.
- If any fins are bent or damaged, gently straighten them with a putty knife or needle-nose pliers.
- Wipe down the heater cover before replacing it.
- Ensure the unit remains free from obstructions that could impede airflow, including flooring/carpeting, window treatments, furniture, toys and other items.
You May Also Like:
|Are Electric Baseboard Heaters an Ener...||How to Paint Baseboards in a Carpeted ...||Energy Saving Water Heaters||Vertex Gas Hot Water Heaters Save Energy|