How to Keep Your House Cool During a Heat Wave
By: Julie Day
Keeping Cool Tip #8: Put Off Chores
You heard me! Don’t run the dishwasher, clothes washer/dryer, or other appliances during the heat of the day, since these machines generate heat and humidity that will be hard to overcome. Put these chores off until evening when possible.
When cleaning clothes:
- Wash clothes in cold water.
- Run the washer or dryer only if you have a full load.
- Choose the shortest wash cycle that gets the job done.
- Clean dryer vent pipe and lint screen regularly to lower drying time.
- Dry clothes outside on a clothesline when possible.
You May Also Like:
|What’s the Best Way to Heat and Cool...||Keep Cool with Water Misters||Keeping Your House Cool||Closing Off Unused Rooms|