How to Make a Bird Seed Wreath
By: Julie Day
Other Bird Seed Ideas
Once you get the hang of making the edible glue, there’s no end to possibilities:
- Make up some pretty seed combinations. For example, dried red cranberries with white safflower seed, or black sunflower seeds dotted with fresh blueberries.
- Line the bottom of the mold with berries or fruits in a pretty pattern. Carefully spread the seed mixture onto it to press the fruits into your wreath.
- Create “edible ornaments” using muffin pans, cookie cutters, or free-form shapes.
- Use a flower pot to mold bird seed bells. Tie a knot in a piece of ribbon, and thread it through the drainage hole in the pot. Add the seed mixture to the pot, making sure the knot is firmly imbedded in the glue mixture.
- Wild Bird Feeding Basics (article)
- How to Make a Suet Bird Feeder (article)
- Landscaping Tips for a Bird-Friendly Yard (article)
- How to Keep Squirrels Away from Your Bird Feeder (article)