How to Make a Small Room Feel Larger
By: Danny Lipford
I have a small room in my house that I would like to seem larger than it is. Any ideas? -Emily
There are a number of things you can do to make a small room feel larger than it really is. Try some or all of the following:
- Avoid busy wallpaper.
- Stay away from vivid or dark colored paint.
- Paint walls a light, pastel color.
- Add more natural and artificial light.
- Take down heavy drapes and leave the windows uncovered.
- Install mirrors on the wall.
- If tiling the floor, lay tile diagonally.
- Reduce the amount of clutter and furniture in the room.
Good luck with your project,
You May Also Like:
|Make Small Room Feel Larger||Kuppersmith Interior Décor||Table Décor Design Tip||How to Accessorize a Room|