How to Prevent Pipes from Freezing and Thaw Frozen Pipes
By: Danny Lipford
Winter has arrived, and that means bundling up to try to keep warm. You might not realize it, but the pipes on your house need protection from the cold as well if the mercury drops down into the 20s F.
Here are some tips on how to prevent your pipes from freezing and some tips on how to thaw them out safely if they do.
How to Keep Pipes from Freezing
- Check for Leaks: Once the weather has warmed up, turn off any dripping faucets as well as the icemaker, then monitor the water meter for any unseen leaks.
How to Thaw Frozen Pipes
- Check for Leaks: After pipes have thawed, turn off all water to faucets and the icemaker, and monitor the water meter for any unseen leaks.
- Winterizing Your Home (article)
- How to Winterize Your Home (article)
- How to Protect Your Home During Extreme Cold Weather (article)
You May Also Like:
|Protecting Pipes from Freezing||How to Insulate Water Pipes||Protect Spigots from Freezing||How to Prevent Frozen Pipes|