Air Duct Cleaning: Scam or Worth It?
How To Avoid Duct Cleaning Scams
While there are reputable, professional HVAC cleaning services out there, there are scams as well. Anytime scare tactics can be used to make the claim that your home might be “unhealthy,” homeowners run the risk of being frightened into emptying their checkbooks.
Here are some tips for avoiding scams if you decide to look into having the ducts and HVAC system in your home cleaned:
- Avoid Steam Cleaning: Any kind of duct cleaning involving steam or moisture should be avoided.
- Scam Alert: Avoid “Dirty” Duct Cleaners (Consumer Reports)
- Should You Have the Air Ducts In Your Home Cleaned? (EPA)
- National Air Duct Cleaners Association (nadca.com)
- Information Regarding Air Handling and Ductwork (naima.org)
You May Also Like:
|Cleaning HVAC Ductwork||Tip for Cleaning Under the Refrigerator||What You Should Know About Air Duct Cl...||Insulating HVAC Ductwork|