Looking forward to a Great 2010!
Happy New Year everyone! I am very excited to be ringing in a new year! I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and holiday season and I hope that you all are as optimistic as I am for 2010!
I decided it would be good to write some of my more personal New Year’s Resolutions down to motivate me to stay on track this year and hold myself accountable. I have a few professional ones like working more, blogging more, honing my construction skills and taping more videos to share on my website; but I thought digging a bit deeper would truly help me accomplish the ones that I need to do for my personal happiness . . . so here are my top five goals I’m planning to shoot for in the coming months:
- Spend more time with my daughter, Hannah, before she goes off to college. She is only a junior in high school, but I swear the time is going faster and faster and before I know it, she will be waving goodbye to me from her dorm hall entrance. Plus, she just turned 16 and since she can drive now, she is almost never at home! I am going to insist on a “girls night out” every week! Wonder how much grief she’ll give me!☺
- Eat fewer sweets! I just can’t live without chocolate! But I am now in the process of training myself to do so. It’s hard! As most women will tell you, nothing comes between them and a great piece of chocolate . . . but lately, I’ve noticed the scales inching upwards, so it’s time to cut back . . . sigh!
- In keeping with the chocolate cut backs, I want to find myself in the gym more this year than I did last year. I used to work out religiously and still have an active lifestyle with tennis and horse riding . . . but I think it’s time to get back into the habit of going to the gym again. Trust me, it’s super boring sometimes, no it’s super boring all the time, but I know I always feel better once I do it. So here’s to more time in the gym! Hannah likes to work out at our gym, so this will be a great thing for us to do together!
- Improve my tennis game. Jenny, my twin sister, and I play in ALTA, the tennis league here in Atlanta. We have gone undefeated thus far and are looking forward to a great spring season. I have a tendency, though, to get tennis elbow if I’m not careful about proper execution when hitting the ball. So, hopefully with a few extra lessons, I can get that problem under control and have as successful a season this year as I did last year.
- Improve my horse riding skills. Growing up with horses, I used to ride trails all the time. But it wasn’t until a few years ago that I decided to get back in the saddle and this time, go over jumps. What a blast! It’s not as easy as just throwing your leg over their back and saying “giddy up!”. Not only is it a workout for the horse, it’s a workout for the rider, too. I recently changed trainers and already my riding has improved exponentially. I’m excited to see exactly how far and how high I can take this jumping. It’s a thrill a minute!
You May Also Like:
|Enjoying the Holidays||Happy New Year!||Happy Thanksgiving!||Happy New Year!|