May Home Maintenance To-Do List
By: Danny Lipford
To-Do #9: Maintain Lawn Mower
Before mowing seasons gets into full swing, it’s important to perform the following maintenance on your lawn mower to keep it running smoothly and cutting cleanly.
Lawn mower maintenance:
- Clean or Replace Spark Plug: A bad spark plug will make your lawn mower hard or impossible to start, and cause the engine to run rough. Clean or replace lawn mower spark plugs to avoid this problem.
- Clean or Replace Air Filter: A dirty air filter can starve the engine for air and cause it to run rough. It only takes a few minutes to clean or replace lawn mower air filters, but it can make a big difference in your mower’s performance.
- Change Oil: Old or dirty oil and damage to your engine, so it’s important to change the oil at least once a year and check the level regularly.
- Sharpen or Replace Blade: A clean, sharp blade is one of the keys to healthy grass and ease of cutting. It’s important to make a clean cut, rather than tearing the blades with a dull blade, so sharpen or replace lawn mower blades regularly.
Watch our video on to How to Maintain a Lawn Mower to find out more.
For more home maintenance to-do lists, check out:
- Spring Home Improvement Guide
- Summer Home Maintenance To-Do List
- Fall Home Maintenance To-Do List
- Winter Home Survival Guide
- Monthly Lawn & Garden To-Do Lists
You May Also Like:
|Tip for Cleaning Under the Refrigerator||Fireplace Inspection Tips||Win Danny & His Crew 2017||Win Danny & His Crew Contest Winn...|