Homefront Radio Show for May 2, 2009

Hour 1 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)

Hour 2 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)

Comments

No Comments on “Homefront Radio Show for May 2, 2009”

• Luke Yancey Says:
    August 8th, 2016 at 8:02 am

Thanks for the tips. I have been trying to figure out how to pour a concrete curb around my garden for the longest time. Your video was especially helpful. I never knew you could add colorant to the concrete!

• Luke Says:
    April 22nd, 2016 at 12:11 pm

If you have crabgrass, wire-grass, or other pesky weeds that travel by runners, consider setting the curb deeper into the ground to stop them. A floating curb won’t stop them from traveling from the lawn side to the garden side. Here in Virginia the wire-grass will crawl under anything less than about 6 inches deep. The result of course is that you need almost a wall, rather than a curb. But the techniques are the same – build a form and pour the concrete. Also, consider reinforcing your concrete with rebar or the addition of reinforcing fibers to prevent falling apart. Cracking will happen, ideally at the control joints you put in just like in a sidewalk. But if the concrete is reinforces, the crack will always be just a crack, and not where the pieces fall apart!

• Josh Says:
    September 10th, 2013 at 2:15 pm

I’m planning on doing this in my yard for about 100 feet of curb. Yikes that’s a lot.
    I agree with Seth above that with the screws on the inside it seems difficult to take the forms off. How would you go about doing that?
    Also, I can’t find 1/4″ hardboard anywhere? Is there anything you would recommend that would work as well? Would composite landscape edging work? It seems similar.
    Thanks! Keep up the good work!

• seth m Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 9:46 am

I see the forms appear to be screwed to the stakes from the inside. Does that make it difficult to take the forms off? Thanks!

• brian wieting Says:
    May 31st, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Are the 5″ spacing blocks left in the concrete or removed?

Webmaster Says:
    July 5th, 2011 at 11:32 am

Bill,
    The book is Quikrete’s Guide to Concrete.

• Bill Says:
    July 5th, 2011 at 10:54 am

What book are you using in the video?

• Lane McKinnon Says:
    October 14th, 2010 at 5:01 pm

A nice way to build a concrete curb. If you have a lot to do, I would recommend a curbing machine.

Homefront Radio Show for May 2, 2009