Homefront Radio Show for September 12, 2009
By: Danny LipfordHour 1 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Hour 2 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Here are some of the highlights from the September 12, 2009, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
In the first hour, Lawn and Garden enthusiast, Julie Day shared a few ideas for getting your yard ready for the fall season. You can find more of Julie’s lawn and garden advice on our website in the Around the Yard section.
Each week there seems to be at least one question about painting. There are a lot of things you need to do before you ever pick up the paint brush, though. Paint Pro Ande Crenshaw joined Homefront this week to share some painting fundamentals. You can learn more at mojofaux.com.
Fall Prep Tips for Your Home
Summer is almost at an end. As autumn approaches, Danny and Allen share a few tips to get your home ready for the colder weather right around the corner.
- Remove any gasoline and drain oil from your lawnmower. Clean and cover it.
- Look for any drafts. Weather stripping, doors, windows, exterior switches and outlets.
- Insulate water pipes now before freezing weather sets in.
- Test your heater/furnace. Don’t wait for the cold to find out you have no heat.
- Replace the air filter on your heating system.
- Test your CO2 and smoke detectors.
- If you use fuel for heat (propane, oil), fill the tank.
- Check the fireplace thoroughly. Make sure the flue and damper operate correctly. Check for any obstacles in the chimney. Make sure there are no cracks or gaps in the firebox masonry.
- Clean off you’re A/C condenser and cover it for the winter.
- Before the snow starts falling, put a fresh coat of sealer on your deck.
- Clean any leaves or debris from gutters and downspouts.
- Turn off sprinkler systems and use compressed air to blow any remaining water out of the lines to prevent freezing.
You May Also Like:
|Danny's Advice on the Radio||Hanging Out on Homefront||In Memory of Don Zeman||Danny to Appear on The Early Show and ...|