Homefront Radio Show for October 31, 2009
By: Danny LipfordHour 1 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Hour 2 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Here are some of the highlights from the October 31, 2009, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Captain Bernardo Herzer, president and CEO of LEHR joined us to talk about the latest innovation from LEHR, the propane-powered Eco-Blower. Learn more about this green lawn tool at golehr.com.
How to Clean Floors
This week we focused on how to keep your floors clean:
- Natural Floor Cleaner: A mixture of 1½ cups white vinegar to a quart of warm water is great for mopping hard surface floors (except marble).
- Chewing Gum: Rub with an ice cube to harden the gum, then scrap it off with a putty knife, credit card, or plastic spatula.
- Candle Wax: The ice cube trick works with hot wax as well. To remove any remaining residue, place several layers of paper towels on the spot and run a warm clothes iron over it.
- Raw Egg: To clean up a raw egg dropped on your floor, sprinkle it with table salt to congeal the egg before wiping it up with a paper towel.
- Hairspray: To remove sticky hairspray on bathroom floors (except marble), wipe it down with a clean rag dipped in ammonia. Ammonia is powerful stuff, so be sure you have plenty of ventilation!
- Grout: While tile resist stains, grout does not. After the grout in your floor has been thoroughly cleaned and allowed to dry, apply grout sealer to keep it looking like new.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show:
This week, Danny and Allen tackled topics including:
- How to divert rain from a roof valley.
- Inexpensive home improvement projects that can help sell your home.
- Removing stain from a fiberglass door.
- When and where to plant crepe myrtles.
- The best gauge of metal to use for gutters.
- Temperature extremes when installing fiberglass asphalt shingles.
- Information on the Cash for Appliances programs in place this fall.
You May Also Like:
|Danny's Advice on the Radio||Hanging Out on Homefront||In Memory of Don Zeman||Danny to Appear on The Early Show and ...|