Homefront Radio Show for April 24, 2010
By: Danny LipfordHour 1 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Hour 2 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Here are some of the highlights from the April 24, 2010, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Today we kicked off a special three-part series called Decking with Debbie! Debbie Burns is the president of the Southeastern Lumber Manufacturers Association which runs the Real Outdoor Living program. Debbie will be sharing some practical tips, ideas and maintenance needs for the real wood used for your deck.
Julie Day, our lawn and garden enthusiast, had some great advice if you have begonias on the brain! To find out which ones are right for you, check out Julie’s article on How to Grow Different Varieties of Begonias.
Mark Waldvogel from John Deere gave us some practical advice on how to match up the right lawn mower for your yard.
Danny shared his Top Three Outdoor Paint Problems and explained how you can solve them.
Great Giveaway of the Week
FLOOD—The Wood Care Specialist—is giving away an awesome prize during the entire month of April! Two lucky people each week (a total of eight winners) will receive a FLOOD Deck Refurbishing Kit. Each kit will include:
- 4 gallons of Flood CWF-UV® in Clear, Cedar, Redwood or Honey Gold
- 4 gallons of Flood CWF-UV5® in Natural or Cedar
In addition, each winner will receive 4 gallons of Flood Wood Cleaner.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Clothes dryer not drying.
- Muriatic acid as a bathroom cleaner.
- Problems with refacing cabinetry.
- How to clean stained roof shingles.
- Using cardboard as a weed barrier.
- Ideas for converting an attic into a living space.
- Adding a porch that looks like true stone.
- Solving uneven tiles on a countertop or floor.
- Flashing needs for dormer windows.
- Choosing between faced and unfaced insulation.
- Keeping annoying blackbirds out of your yard.
You May Also Like:
|Hanging Out on Homefront||In Memory of Don Zeman||Danny's Advice on the Radio||DJ Danny with Allen of the Airwaves!|