Homefront Radio Show for May 1, 2010
By: Danny LipfordHour 1 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Hour 2 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Here are some of the highlights from the May 1, 2010, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Katelyn Caputo with Pocket Drawer told us about their unique solutions for storage that we got to see at this year’s Kitchen & Bath Industry Show.
Making the best of your wood deck as we chat with Debbie Burns, President of the Southeastern Lumber Manufacturers Association, and their Real Outdoor Living program.
Author Gale Steves tells us about her new book, Right-Sizing Your Home, and we discover “The Art of Re!”
We kick off Building Safety Month with Jack Armstrong of BASF. Week #1 focuses on Energy and Green Building.
Danny shares his top five porch upgrades to give your home a great first impression.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week we have two great giveaways!
The Guide to Concrete book from Quikrete, which includes step-by-step instructions and photos to guide you through dozens of concrete and masonry projects from pouring a walk or patio to laying blocks and bricks.
From Woodcraft, the Veto Pro Pac Tool Bag. This unique tool bag has vertically tiered, zippered pockets on either side of a center panel and handle.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Dealing with cracks in a painted plywood floor.
- Sealing a toilet with no-wax rings and the right sealant for showers.
- A failing seal in a lead glass front door.
- When to cut newly laid sod.
- What to do if driveway sealer has been exposed to freezing conditions.
- Running a subfloor under a tub.
- Sealing/painting to cover cigarette stains and odors.
- How to clean fixed screens on a porch.
You May Also Like:
|Hanging Out on Homefront||In Memory of Don Zeman||Danny's Advice on the Radio||DJ Danny with Allen of the Airwaves!|