Homefront Radio Show for May 8, 2010
By: Danny LipfordHour 1 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Hour 2 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Here are some of the highlights from the May 8, 2010, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Ann Gearty with Rust-Oleum joined us with news on some new colors for their Universal paint as well as some really great new textured colors for their Stop Rust line.
We wrapped up our three-week discussion on the benefits of wood with Debbie Burns of the Southeastern Lumber Manufacturers Association in our feature called “Decking with Debbie”.
In week two of Building Safety Month, we talked with Jack Armstrong of BASF, on disaster safety and mitigation.
With the improved sealing of today’s homes, indoor air is 2-5 times more polluted than outdoor air! Danny shared some tips for keeping your indoor air clean.
Great Giveaway of the Week
The Guide to Concrete book from Quikrete, which includes step-by-step instructions and photos to guide you through dozens of concrete and masonry projects from pouring a walk or patio to laying blocks and bricks.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Where are those intermittent odors coming from?
- Removing rust stains in the bath tub.
- Using the right size beam to span 24 feet.
- Finding hinges to replace on kitchen cabinets.
- Is painting tiles in the shower a good idea?
- Patching tongue and groove flooring.
- How to get rid of carpenter ants.
- Can a fallen deck be raised back up and still be structurally sound?
- How to paint dark paneling.