Homefront Radio Show for May 22, 2010
By: Danny LipfordHour 1 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Hour 2 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Here are some of the highlights from the May 22, 2010, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Charles Sczuroski with the National Crime Prevention Council shared some important safety tips for vacationing families.
We wrapped up Building Safety Month with a look at backyard safety from Bill Dupler with the International Code Council.
Painting expert, Ande Crenshaw answered an e-mail question about applying a poly top-coat to countertops.
Danny explained the differences in various types of insulation.
Great Giveaway of the Week
The Guide to Concrete book from Quikrete, which includes step-by-step instructions and photos to guide you through dozens of great concrete and masonry projects, from pouring a walk or patio to laying blocks and bricks.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Suspected causes of porcelain tile popping and cracking.
- Testing for lead paint on dishware.
- Keeping rain water out of the garage.
- Sweating A/C condensation pipes.
- Using plywood and backerboard for tiling.
- Benefits and precautions of ceramic additives for paint.
- Blocking masonry weep holes.
- Attic ventilation that may be blocked.
- Tips on cutting insulation.
- How to eliminate ground wasps.