Homefront Radio Show for July 3, 2010Hour 1 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Hour 2 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Here are some of the highlights from the July 3, 2010, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Brian Hedlund with JELD-WEN Windows & Doors reminded us of the energy efficient benefits of replacement windows and that there’s still time to take advantage of the up to $1,500 Energy Efficiency Tax Credit by installing them before the end of the year.
Making those landscape chores easy is the focus of compact utility tractors. Dan Paschke with John Deere had some great advice on choosing the right one for your needs.
With the hot summer months, water conservation is an issue and so is the choice you make for watering your flower beds. Danny discussed some of the options.
Great Giveaway of the Week
The Guide to Concrete book from Quikrete, which includes step-by-step instructions and photos to guide you through dozens of great concrete and masonry projects, from pouring a walk or patio to laying blocks and bricks.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to remove mold from AC vents.
- Wet sanding for dust control.
- Comparing entry doors: fiberglass vs. wood.
- How worthwhile is solar supplemental power?
- What to do about a room’s heat build-up from skylights.
- Using the right HVAC filter.
- Saving money with a DIY window replacement.
- Attic fans in conjunction with ridge and soffit vents.
- Inside condensation at AC registers.
- How to repair a recently poured concrete slab ruined by the rain.
- Hanging pictures in ceramic walls without drilling holes.
You May Also Like:
|Hanging Out on Homefront||In Memory of Don Zeman||Danny's Advice on the Radio||Danny to Appear on The Early Show and ...|