Homefront Radio Show for November 13, 2010
By: Danny LipfordHour 1 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Hour 2 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Here are some of the highlights from the November 13, 2010, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
- Actor Mark McDonald dropped by to chat about his adventure with a broken attic stairway
- Lawn and Garden enthusiast and Around the Yard writer, Julie Day, stopped by to chat about watering globes , how to protect your plants from frost and freeze and Chia Pets!
- Chris Hall with RepairClinic.com shared news on free appliance repair videos.
This week we shared the Top 10 kitchen improvements for bringing your kitchen into the 21st century.
#10. Change/Add window treatments.
#9. New flooring.
#8. Remove soffit above cabinets to add more space over cabinets.
#7. New appliances or paint old appliances with stainless steel painting.
#6. Install new countertops.
#5. If you can afford the cost, get new cabinets!
#4. Or a fresh coat of paint for walls and/or cabinets.
#3. Install a tile backsplash.
#2. Change the cabinet hardware.
#1. Install new overhead and accent lighting.
Great Giveaway of the Week
As promised, this week we’re giving away a copy of the new book, Painting and Wallpapering Secrets from Brian Santos, The Wall Wizard.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
• Laying quarry tile over vinyl.
• The right tool for cutting outlet holes in drywall.
• Secret to removing old wallpaper.
• Some frank discussions on tankless water heaters.
• Spackle vs. joint compound for expansion cracks.
• Repairing a single-lever faucet.
• How to adjust a screen door the dog runs into!
You May Also Like:
|Hanging Out on Homefront||In Memory of Don Zeman||Danny's Advice on the Radio||DJ Danny with Allen of the Airwaves!|