Homefront Radio Show for June 18, 2011
By: Danny LipfordHour 1 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Hour 2 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Here are some of the highlights from the June 18, 2011, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Our lawn and garden website editor and enthusiast, Julie Day, talks about tips for keeping the yard in good shape during the sweltering heat of summer.
Danny and Allen talk about some options for using your central AC less this summer while still keeping your cool.
In answer to requests from viewers, here’s the formula we use to remove wallpaper, courtesy of our friend Brian Santos, The Wall Wizard:
Perforate the wallpaper with a PaperTiger scoring tool.
Mix the following in a 5-gallon bucket:
- 3 gallons of hot water
- 22 ounces wallpaper remover concentrate (like DIF)
- 1/4 cup liquid fabric softener
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons baking soda
Apply this mixture to the wall using a pump-up garden sprayer. Thoroughly soak the wall, then cover the walls using a thin 0.7 mil plastic, pressing it onto the wall using a wallpaper brush.
Next, just walk away! Let it sit at least three hours. Overnight would be better. The mixture will dissolve almost all the adhesive, so the next morning you can peel away the paper with virtually no effort!
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Using CLF (Calcium, Lime, Rust remover) to clean an air conditioner.
- Removing wallpaper before applying orange peel (see answer).
- Is MDF or plywood better for a bathroom vanity. (see answer)
- Installing DuraCeramic or DuraPlank over a ceramic tile floor.
- How to clean stainless steel. (see answer)
- Cleaning prefinished hardwood floors.
You May Also Like:
|Hanging Out on Homefront||In Memory of Don Zeman||Danny's Advice on the Radio||DJ Danny with Allen of the Airwaves!|