Homefront Radio Show for October 1, 2011Hour 1 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Hour 2 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Here are some of the highlights from the October 1, 2011, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
- George Snyder with Woodcraft talks about our Pinnacle great giveaway for this month.
- Rick Abel with JELD-WEN Windows & Doors discusses some of the new improvements for double-hung windows.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win the Pinnacle 24” T-Square from Woodcraft.
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Homefront Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Installing vinyl siding over asbestos siding. (see answer)
- Using eco-friendly paint stripper to strip a wood beam.
- How to clean and polish old, dull brass hinges.
- Problem with compacting attic insulation when clearing soffit vents.
- Removing green adhesive stains from granite countertops.
- How to remove lime scale mineral stains from glass shower doors.
- Problems with cracked grout lines on a tile countertop.
- How to remove old silicone sealant caulking around a tub.
- Primer and paint to use on an outdoor garden bench. (see answer)
- Which is best for a deck, composite or wood. (see answer)
- How to remove multiple coats of paint on old woodwork.
- Laying tile over cracks in a concrete slab.
- How to remove a textured popcorn ceiling. (see answer)
- Dealing with condensation when venting a bathroom fan out a roof.
You May Also Like:
|Hanging Out on Homefront||In Memory of Don Zeman||Danny's Advice on the Radio||Danny to Appear on The Early Show and ...|