Homefront Radio Show for April 28, 2012Hour 1 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Hour 2 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Here are some of the highlights from the April 28, 2012, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Danny and Allen discussed natural mosquito deterrents and repellents, including:
- Drain any standing water in your yard.
- Say indoors around dusk and dawn when mosquitoes are most active.
- Grow catnip, rosemary, citronella grass, lavender, cinnamon, or peppermint in your yard.
- Apply lemon eucalyptus oil, cinnamon oil, caster oil, or garlic to exposed skin.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to remove salt from brick.
- Problem with rainwater seeping through a brick wall.
- How to attach a freestanding arbor to a house.
- Electrical outlet size for a ceramic tile backsplash.
- How to paint plastic garden gnomes.
- Problem with recurring mold and mildew on wood eaves. (see answer)
- Advantages of tubular skylights. (see answer)
- Problem with fogged glass on double pane windows. (see answer)
- How long to wait before painting pressure treated wood. (see answer)
- Problem with taped drywall seams in garage ceiling.
- How to remove pollen from a stained patio and teak deck.
- Inexpensive fencing options for your yard.
- How to repair cracks in a concrete driveway. (see answer)
- Installing ceramic or rubber tile over a wood deck.
- How to clean vinyl siding. (see answer)
- Repainting kitchen cabinets that have lead paint.
- How to prepare an uneven concrete slab for flooring.
You May Also Like:
|Hanging Out on Homefront||In Memory of Don Zeman||Danny's Advice on the Radio||Danny to Appear on The Early Show and ...|