Homefront Radio Show for August 11, 2012Hour 1 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Hour 2 | Download (Right Click, Save As...)
Here are some of the highlights from the August 11, 2012, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Danny and Allen discussed organization tips for attics and basements, including:
- Use metal shelving, since temperature extremes and moisture can cause wood to warp.
- Store items in clear plastic bins. They stack neatly and uniformly, plus easy to see what is inside.
- Hang items on rods between rafters in an attic, using garment bags to protect seasonal clothing.
- Visually inspect items every three months, since knowing where items are stored makes them easy to retrieve.
- Label all boxes and contains, even clear plastic ones.
- Avoid using cardboard boxes, since they can warp, become damaged, and deteriorate over time.
- Put down a plastic moisture barrier on basement floors prior to storage to prevent possible water damage.
- Arrange boxes to allow for easy access of items. Adding flooring in attics can help.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Are the walls on a concrete block house usually insulated.
- How to patch a textured popcorn ceiling. (see answer)
- Installing soffit vents and a solar powered vent fan in an attic.
- How to install a tubular skylight at a 45° angle.
- Attaching carpeting to tack strips.
- How to stop squeaks in a hardwood floor from above.
- Exposing a hardwood floor covered in carpet without refinishing.
- How to remove wax buildup from a hardwood floor.
- Reducing highway noise inside of a house.
- How to repair termite damage to floor joists.
- Are photovoltaic solar panels affected by solar storms.
- How to remove black floor adhesive from a concrete slab.
- Preparing a wood floor for ceramic tile.
- Hanging objects from a plaster ceiling.
- How to unclog a stopped up bathtub drain. (see answer)
- Are hairline cracks in ceramic floor tile serious.
- How to confine roof valley rain runoff to gutters.
- Installing a French drain in your yard. (see answer)
- How to stain between boards on a deck.
- Problem with rusted out tray under air conditioner.
You May Also Like:
|Hanging Out on Homefront||In Memory of Don Zeman||Danny to Appear on The Early Show and ...||Danny's Advice on the Radio|