Homemade Mosquito Trap
Here’s how to make a simple, but effective mosquito trap:
– Cut a two-liter soda bottle in half.
– Take the top half of the bottle, turn it upside down and place it into the lower half with the spout facing down.
– Tape the two halves together.
– Mix ¼ cup of brown sugar in one cup of hot water. Let the mixture cool.
– Pour the sugar solution into the bottom half of the soda bottle.
– Add one packet of yeast to the sugar solution. Don’t mix.
– The yeast will create carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
– Drape the outside of the bottle with a black cloth, and place outdoors.
– Mosquitoes will fly down through the inverted neck of the bottle and become trapped.
– Change the sugar/yeast solution every two weeks.
You May Also Like:
|Testing a Homemade Gnat Trap||Natural Mosquito Repellents||Organic Mosquito Control||How to Keep Mosquitoes Away — Natura...|