How to Remove Moisture from Double Pane Windows
By: Danny Lipford
My house is 35 years old and the double pane windows are original. A few of them have begun to lose their seal and are taking on an almost opaque look. I’ve heard that I can have a professional put air in and reseal these windows? Any credence to that? -Kristen
As double pane windows age, moisture can breach the seal and condense between the layers of glass. When this happens the seal can’t be repaired, and your best bet is to remove and replace the glass.
To find out more, check out our article on How to Replace Double Pane Insulated Glass and watch our video on How to Replace Insulated Double-Pane Glass Windows.
- Choosing the Right Windows
- How to Select Insulated Windows
- Advantages of Low-E Glass in Windows and Doors
- Problem with Moisture Trapped Between Glass on Windows
- How to Know if Insulated Glass Windows Need Replacing
- How to Repair Fogged Double-Pane Glass Windows