Setting Posts and Pouring Concrete Slabs Quickly with QUIKRETE Fast Setting Concrete
Whether you are setting a fence post or pouring a concrete slab, QUIKRETE® Fast Setting Concrete Mix fills the bill. Long recognized as the preferred product for quickly and easily setting sturdy posts without pre-mixing with water, QUIKRETE Fast Setting Concrete Mix has the versatility to be used for a variety of general purpose concrete applications.
Regardless of the application, QUIKRETE Fast Setting Concrete Mix sets in 20 to 40 minutes and reaches 400 psi in two hours, allowing the post or concrete slab to be used right away. Detailed step-by-step instructions for setting a post and pouring a concrete slab are below, but please visit www.QUIKRETE.com for more information including a product quantity calculator and how-to video on using QUIKRETE Fast Setting Concrete Mix.
Setting a Post
- Dig a hole that is three times the width of the post and one-third to a half the length of the post, and pour six inches of QUIKRETE All-Purpose Gravel into the bottom of the hole.
- Put the post into the hole, level the post and fill the hole with QUIKRETE Fast Setting Concrete Mix within three to four inches from the top of the hole.
- Pour up to one gallon of water into the hole until is soaks into the QUIKRETE Fast Setting Concrete Mix and allow the concrete to set for 20 to 40 minutes.
- Wait four hours before placing any heavy objects or allowing traffic.
Pouring a Concrete Slab
- Construct a form from 2x4s, place and compact three to four inches of gravel inside the form as a base, and dampen the form and gravel.
- Place the recommended amount of water into the mixer and then gradually add QUIKRETE Fast Setting Concrete into the mixer with the water until it is the appropriate consistency. Do not mix more concrete than can be placed in 10 minutes.
- Pour the concrete mix evenly into the form until it is two to three inches above the top of the form.
- Strike off excess concrete using the screed board back, float the surface with a trowel and apply non-slick broom finish.
- Remove the form from the concrete slab using an edger and wait four hours before placing any heavy objects or allowing foot traffic.
The next time you face a concrete project that needs be done quickly, but without compromising strength or quality, call on QUIKRETE Fast Setting Concrete Mix to do the job right. Be sure to take a few photos and share your experience with others on the QUIKRETE Facebook page at Facebook and on the QUIKRETE Twitter feed @QUIKRETE.
You May Also Like:
|Using Fast-Setting Concrete for Settin...||How to Choose Between Fast-Setting or ...||Slowing Concrete Set Time||How to Reinforce a Wooden Post Set in ...|