Therma-Tru Door Do-Over Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY; must be of the age of majority in the state in which you reside and a homeowner who will install the Grand Prize in their residence. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning the Grand Prize. By entering, you understand that you are providing your personal information to Today’s Homeowner and to Therma-Tru Corp.
- Sweepstakes Period: The “Door Do-Over” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), sponsored by Therma-Tru Corp. (“Sponsor”) and administered by Today’s Homeowner (Collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), begins on August 1, 2016 at 7:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on August 31, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: Entry into the Sweepstakes is open to permanent legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) who are 18 years or older and who are homeowners at time of entry. The Sweepstakes is not open to the general public. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, the agents and advertising and promotion agencies of each of the foregoing, and members of the immediate families (defined for these purposes as including spouse, biological, adoptive or step- parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren and siblings, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above, are NOT eligible to enter or win a prize. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations of the United States and is outside of the 50 United States, and where prohibited by law.
- How to Enter Sweepstakes: Enter the Sweepstakes beginning 7:00:01 a.m. ET on August 1, 2016. Visit www.todayshomeowner.com/doordoover and fill out the brief questionnaire/ and provide your contact information. An Entrant may enter the Sweepstakes in accordance with these Official Rules during the Sweepstakes Period. To be valid and eligible, Entries must adhere to the requirements and limitations set forth in this section. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entrants waive all rights and remedies at law or in equity for any claim they may have relating to this promotion. Submission of an entry grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish and use such entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without limitation or additional consideration to the entrant. By entering, entrant consents to be contacted by Sponsor by e-mail.
- General Sweepstakes Entry Considerations:
a. Entry must be made by an individual person; use of script, macro, or other automated systems to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
b. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. If Entrant is considered a minor in his/her state or province of residence, Entrant will receive permission from his/her parent/legal guardian. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win.
c. Message and data rates apply to the use of mobile phone for entry. You may be charged by your carrier for submitting your entry. Be sure to check your wireless carrier’s pricing plan before entering via mobile phone. Not all mobile phones offer wireless Internet access; and, wireless Internet access may not be available in all areas.
- Prize Drawing: The potential winner of the Grand Prize described in Rule 6, below, will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted on or about September 9, 2016 by American Sweepstakes & Promotion Co (“ASC”), an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Limit one (1) entry per household.
- Prize: 1 (one) Grand Prize Winner (“Winner”), upon ASC’s verification of eligibility, will win a Classic-Craft or Pulse Therma-Tru fiberglass door of Winner’s choice, provided such door’s retail value will not exceed $5,000 (“Grand Prize” or “Prize”). Prize will not include transoms or sidelites or installation. Winner will not be entitled to the difference between the value of the door and the cap of the winnings. Winner must select and order the door no later than November 11, 2016. As a condition of prize acceptance, the Winner must provide pictures of the front of the home entryway with their current door prior to ordering the door and with the new Therma-Tru door after it has been installed. The Sponsor is not responsible for delivery or installation of the selected door; nor the removal of the Winner’s original door.
Total ARV of all prizes in this Sweepstakes: up to $5,000. All federal, state or local income taxes on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. The Grand Prize will be awarded “as is” and Sponsor makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, in fact or in law, with regard to the Prize, installation including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value of the Grand Prize will not be awarded in cash or in any other form. Dollar amounts are expressed in U.S. currency. No transfer or substitution of prizes (or any portion thereof) or cash alternative permitted, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value in the event the advertised prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable. The Prize will be awarded according to these Official Rules provided a sufficient quantity of qualifying entries are received and the prizes are claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules. Prize is not redeemable for cash.
- Consent to Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, the Winner’s acceptance of his/her prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to publish pictures of the homeowner’s current residence, film the installation and or acceptance of the Prize and use said Winner’s name, place of residence, likenesses, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state addresses on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media (including but not limited to the Sweepstakes Entities website and social media), in perpetuity, without limitation and without further notice or compensation.
- Winner Notification: The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by home-delivered mail, phone, or email, and must sign and return to the ASC, within seven (7) days of the date of notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. Note: The Affidavit sent to a potential Winner will require that the Winner provide their Social Security Number to the ASC, which will be used solely for tax reporting purposes. The Grand Prize Winner will be responsible for all local, state, and federal taxes associated with the receipt of the prize. The Grand Prize Winner must note that the value of the accepted Prize is taxable as income and an IRS Form 1099 will be filed in the name of the Winner for the value of the Prize and the Winner is solely responsible for all matters relating to the Prize after it is awarded. If a Prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to the potential Winner, if potential Winner cannot be reached via phone within three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, or if potential Winner fails to return requisite document(s) within the specified time period, or if potential Winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then such person shall be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate Winner may be selected. Within approximately seven (7) days of the random drawing, the potential Winner will be notified. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential Winner for any reason.
- Liability Release: Participation in the Sweepstakes and (if applicable) acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes each Entrant’s agreement to hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities, its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, and the officers, directors, employees and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising in any way from or in connection with their participation in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize (if applicable), or their participation in prize-related activities (if applicable). BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE, TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THAT IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE YOU MAY BE AWARDED. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) electronic, wireless or digital transmissions or any entries that are late, misdirected, or incomplete; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software, or telephone transmissions, damage to an Entrant’s or any person’s computer and/or its/their contents, or causes beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (iv) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules; (v) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (vi) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of prize(s)/prize winner(s); (vii) malfunctions or interference resulting from illicit, malicious or injurious code (including but not limited to viruses, worms and denial of service attacks); or (viii) cheating or fraud by any Entrant. If for any reason the Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to transmission failure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, or if the Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes and reserves the right, but shall not be obligated, to select the winners from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time/date such action was taken. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or enters using any automatic programmed entry duplication method or third-party entry service.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Dispute Resolution: By entering, you agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal, state or local court located in the State of Ohio; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Ohio or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Ohio.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Winners List: For the name, city, and state of residence of the Grand Prize Winner, send a self-addressed stamped business-size envelope no later than December 31, 2016 to: Strategic Marketing, Therma-Tru Corp., 1750 Indian Wood Circle, Maumee, Ohio 43537.
- All trademarks related to the prizes in this Sweepstakes are the property of their respective owners and no sponsorship, endorsement or affiliation with Sponsor, its products or this Sweepstakes is implied by their use.
- Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Therma-Tru Corp.
Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor only.
©2016 Therma-Tru Corp. All rights reserved.