National Hardware Show 2012
By: Danny Lipford
Danny Lipford and Joe Truini are on the road in Las Vegas for the 67th annual National Hardware Show to check out all of the cool new tools and other great building and home improvement products for your home.
- Sheet Good Cart: Panel Express from Saw Trax is a wheeled cart that takes the hassle out of moving sheet goods, like plywood or drywall, around the job site.
- Multipurpose Tool: The Apex OddJob combines a hammer, nail puller, ratcheting screwdriver, and utility knife all in one.
- Measuring Tape: A new measuring tape from Lufkin allows you to easily control retraction with your finger.
- Pass Through Socket Wrench: The hole in the center of the GearWrench socket wrench from Apex Tools lets you tighten nuts on a long bolt without the socket bottoming out.
- Tile Drilling Guide: The water cooled drilling jig from Tivoly allows you to drill into ceramic tile without the drill bit wandering or overheating.
- Stud Finder: The ProSensor 710 Professional stud finder from Franklin Sensors shows the entire width of studs at once, making centering easy.
- Nail Puller: The Cordless Drill Nail Puller uses a drill to smoothly and effortlessly remove nails.
- Roof Support: The Bucket Buddy adjusts to different angles to holds buckets, tools, or other materials on a sloped roof safely.
- Saw Rip Guide: The Kreg Rip-Cut saw guide attaches to a circular saw to allow you to make straight rip cuts up to 24” wide in plywood and other sheet goods.
- Bamboo Paper Towels: Bambooee paper towels are made from sustainable bamboo, rather than trees, making them an eco-friendly approach to cleaning.
- Garden Gnomes: The Gnombre is a Hispanic garden gnome that’s also available in other ethnic versions.
- NFL Theme Duct Tape: Duck Brand duct tape is now available embossed with the logos and colors of different NFL football teams.
- Deck Staining Applicator: The DeckJet from Wagner allows you to stain up to 70 square feet of deck boards in one filling and can even stain the edges of deck boards.
- Safety Straight Edge: The Swanson Savage straight edge has a nonslip base and thumb guard to make cutting easier and safer.
- LED Flashlight: The Coast LED flashlight is made of aluminum with a recessed water resistant switch and adjustable beam.
- Textured Laminate Finish: Encore is a textured finish that can be applied to laminate countertops to give the look of stone or concrete.
- Synthetic Stone: DIYSTONE from Airostone is a peel and stick synthetic stone veneer that can be applied to walls or other surfaces.
- Easy Open Vise: The Seber bench vise has a quick release button that allows you to open and close the vise easily.
- Self Adjusting Wrench: The Turbo Driver is a self adjusting, ratcheting wrench that fits 14 different SAE and metric sizes.
- Utility Knife: The Turbopro utility knife allows you to change blades without having to disassemble the knife.
- Gutter Guard: GutterStuff is a permeable foam insert that fits into gutters and allows water to pass through while keeping leaves and other debris out.
- String Trimmer Support: The Big Balls Trimmer Support attaches to a string trimmer to give a uniform cut without scalping your grass.
- Easy Leaf Bagger: The Leaf Reaper makes it easy to gather and bag leaves in less time.
- Drainage Pipe: Flex-Drain is a plastic drainage pipe that can be easily expanded and bent to direct water from downspouts away from your house.
- Ladder Storage: The Racor Ladder Lift uses a pulley system to make it easy to store a ladder against the ceiling in a garage or shed so it’s out of the way.
- Bike Storage: Racor also makes a bike rack pulley system for easy bike storage.
Other Tips from This Episode
Simple Solutions with Joe Truini:
Easy Screw Cap Removal
Caps on finish and glue containers can be hard to unscrew, since the glue or finish can harden in the threads, locking the lid in place. To solve that problem, cut a small piece of wax paper and place it over the top of the container before screwing the lid on. (Watch Video)
Best New Products with Jodi Marks:
The interchangeable, high-speed, 3” diameter blade on the Dremel Saw-Max allows the tool to cut a wide range of materials including wood, plastic, metal, tile, and masonry up to 3/4″ deep. Two different cutting positions allow for straight or plunge cuts. The Dremel Saw-Max is available at The Home Depot. (Watch Video)
Ask Danny Lipford:
Attic Insulation Facing
Attic insulation is available with or without a paper facing. When insulating an attic that doesn’t have any insulation, use faced insulation with the paper facing toward the heated living space. Use unfaced insulation when adding insulation on top of existing insulation. (Watch Video)
You May Also Like:
|First Time Homeowner Launch||Danny's Advice on the Radio||See Your House Featured on Today'...||Tip for Cleaning Under the Refrigerator|