A Homeowner’s Nightmare: Termites
Pest control experts Ehrlich recently published a useful guide with everything you need to know about the most destructive pest for homeowners: termites.
The infographic “Termite Facts to Chomp On” reveals that termites cause an estimated $5 billion in property damage in the US alone and is a cost that is often not covered by most home insurance policies. One termite queen can produce almost 1,000 eggs every day and live for more than 25 years – that’s more than 9,000,000 eggs in her lifetime. This means that a queen can produce more than 30 colonies in her lifetime, and it only takes one colony to destroy a home.
Thankfully there are ways to protect your home from termite damage. These include:
- Removing debris from against the home
- Fixing broken roof tiles and leaking downpipes
- Closing up foundation cracks
- Keeping your garden mulch away from the foundations
- How to Prevent Termite Damage to Your Home (video)
- Formosan Termites: A Growing Threat (article)
- Erlich: Termite Facts to Chomp On (article)
You May Also Like:
|Preventing Termite Damage||Organic Pest Control||Ultrasonic Pest Repellents||The Top 25 Termite-Infested Cities|