Advantages of Solar Powered Attic Ventilators
Proper attic ventilation is important to:
- Help your roof last longer.
- Reduce air conditioning bills.
- Remove excess moisture.
- Prevent ice dams in winter.
Solar powered attic fans are a great way to improve the ventilation in your attic.
Advantages of solar attic fans:
- Since solar fans don’t have to be hardwired, they don’t require an electrician for installation.
- Solar fans don’t require an outside source of electricity, so running them won’t increase your power bill.
- A 30% tax credit is available on solar fans for qualified homeowners.
This tip brought to you by:
- How to Size Attic Exhaust Vent Fans (article)
Good attic ventilation keeps your attic cooler in the summer, extending the life of your roof and saving you money on your air conditioning bill. In the winter a well vented attic removes moisture and prevents harmful ice dams.
A solar powered attic fan is a great way to improve your attic’s ventilation. And it’s solar powered, so you don’t need an electrician to install it, and it doesn’t increase your energy bill.
There are models that fit almost any type of roof, and there’s even a 30% tax credit for qualified homeowners.
This tip brought to you by Broan-NuTone: Bringing Fresh Ideas Home.