Videos

Big Changes in Store for the Kuppersmith Project House

Architect Pete J. Vallas has a big challenge ahead to transform the existing Kuppersmith Project house into a modern, practical home. In addition to adding central air and heat, remodeling the kitchen and bathrooms, and updating the antiquated wiring and plumbing; other changes to the house will include:

• Opening up the wall separating the kitchen and dining room.
  • Removing a doorway in the hall to improve the flow of the house.
  • Adding a master bedroom addition to the back of the house.
  • Adding another bathroom to the house.
  • Replacing the existing garage and connecting it with a breezeway.
  • Adding a porch to the rear of the house.

Watch this video to take a tour of the Kuppersmith house to see the changes in store, and check out the plans for the house.

Comments

13 Comments on “Big Changes in Store for the Kuppersmith Project House”

• Gilda Naziri Says:
    April 8th, 2018 at 2:34 pm

In season 20/15 you showed a paste you used to repair dry rot on the exterior door frame. I live in Pacific Northwest and have dry rot on the window frame that I need to repair. Can you tell me what was the product you used to fill in the dry rot? Thank you!

• Dorothy Newberry Says:
    April 8th, 2018 at 4:59 am

Can you please tell me where you found the script labels you used for the items in the pantry?

• Susan Girardeau Says:
    April 7th, 2018 at 7:02 pm

What was the product you used on the laundry room door that had the water damage on the outside?

• Kim belk Says:
    April 7th, 2018 at 5:01 am

Tell me again the product that can be used for wood repair. I have some wood posts that are degrading at the base and can’t really replace them all.

Thanks!
    Kim

• Patricia Campbell Says:
    March 31st, 2018 at 5:43 pm

I am trying to change my hall bathroom with standup show no tub also put wood floor in all bedrooms

• Martha Millan Says:
    March 11th, 2018 at 10:17 am

I LOVE YOUR SHOW THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE!

Thomas Says:
    March 4th, 2018 at 10:53 pm

Hi, Susan,
    We are so happy to hear that you’re enjoying the show!
    Thanks so much for reading and entering the contest, and thanks for the suggestion of a craft room.
    Take care,

• Susan Montross Says:
    March 3rd, 2018 at 11:43 am

I entered a contest recently Then I had a brainy idea,I have a craft room that needs help.I don’t think I’ve ever seen you do one .Don’t get me wrong I put in for other projects.Just a suggestion. So love love this show watching right now.

Thomas Says:
    March 1st, 2018 at 11:35 am

Hi, Deb!
    We used Titebond glue all over the back of the beadboard paneling and we drilled the beadboard into the wall.
    Thanks for watching!

• Deb Rose Says:
    February 28th, 2018 at 2:41 am

I am going to be redoing my laundry area and that fold-down drying rack would be perfect for the space. I’d love to be able to make it at just a bit more than a 1/3 of the price!! I saw how the drying rack frame was made and the beadboard was attached to the wall, but I didn’t how the rack portion was attached to the beadboard or how the rack could be lowered down to be used. Is there a tutorial somewhere I could follow?

Thomas Boni Says:
    March 29th, 2018 at 6:06 pm

Hi, Polly!
    Here’s “Today’s Homeowner” host Danny Lipford’s answer to your question:
    “A great way to clean any glass in your home is to use a diluted mixture of white vinegar and water.
    To help your shower doors and repel soap deposits, you could use Rain-X, which is commonly used on auto window glass.
    For mold and mildew, check out the line of Wet and Forget products, available at WetandForget.com.”
    Thanks for reading!

• POLLy jamison Says:
    February 25th, 2018 at 5:24 pm

There was a cleaner advertised on the program… bath cleaner for glass doors I think and a cleaner for mold and mildew shown being used on a basement. Please what is the name of this product?

• Vicki Baker Says:
    February 24th, 2018 at 11:57 am

Loved this episode on Family Storage. Great ideas I will put to use, and it looked great after you finished!

All my best!