Building Checklist Before Hanging Drywall
By: Danny Lipford
Before hanging drywall in your home, make sure everything that’s supposed to be in the wall cavity is in place. Here’s a checklist of items that need to be installed before the drywall goes up:
- Electrical: All wiring and electrical boxes installed for wall outlets, switches, and light fixtures.
- Plumbing: Drain lines along with hot and cold water lines.
- Heating and Cooling: Any ductwork for room vents and air return.
- TV/Data: Television, computer, telephone, and internet lines and wall boxes.
- Blocking: Wood blocking needed to support hanging items such as towel racks and safety bars in bathrooms, or for added wall support in rooms with high ceilings.
- Insulation: Wall insulation for both interior (sound deadening) walls and exterior (heat loss/gain) wall.
- Inspection: Once everything is ready, have the building inspector check out all the systems before the drywall is installed.
Watch this video to find out more.
Videos You May Like
|New Lightweight Drywall Makes Hanging ...||Contractor Coordination in Home Renova...||Drywall Installed and Finished on the ...||How to Hang Pictures on Drywall|