Creating a Stepping Stone Path Using Concrete Forms
By: Danny Lipford
Follow these steps to create a stepping stone path using concrete forms. We used Quikrete’s WalkMaker forms.
- Smooth, level and compact the ground on which it will be poured.
- Lay out the forms in the space to determine the proper spacing and arrangement.
- Mix the concrete. The concrete should be thin enough to flow into the forms easily but not so soupy that it takes forever to dry.
- Spray the form with a lubricant, like dry silicone, and check it with a level while it’s in position.
- Shovel the concrete into the form. Use a trowel or screed board to spread the mix over the form surface, working it down into the openings and smoothing the surface.
- After the form is full, tap gently around all sides with a hammer to release any air bubbles.
- As soon as each form is full, carefully remove it and move on to the next one.
- Use a trowel to clean up around any rough edges.
Watch the video for details.
Videos You May Like
|DIY Concrete Walkway||Lay a Stepping Stone Path||Installing Stepping Stones||Make DIY Stepping Stones|