Videos

Cultured Marble for Your Bathroom

I’ve found that cultured marble makes a great, affordable solution for showers, countertops, and sinks in a bathroom. It’s more substantial than fiberglass or acrylic shower stalls and less expensive than tile.

In addition, cultured marble is a durable material that holds up well over time, though it can chip and develop burn marks if hot items are left on the surface. Watch this video to see how it’s made.

Comments

7 Comments on “Cultured Marble for Your Bathroom”

Thomas Boni Says:
    August 24th, 2018 at 11:53 am

Hi, Kim!
    Without seeing your sink, we recommend checking out this video: https://www.todayshomeowner.com/video/do-it-polish-cultured-marble-countertops/
    Cleaning, sanding and polishing your cultured marble sink should give it quite a facelift. Try it and let us know how it goes.
    Thanks for your question!

• kim short Says:
    August 22nd, 2018 at 9:09 pm

I have a white cultured marble sink that has brownish stains in it for some reason? I noticed that there are some hairline scratches where the stains are. Is there anyway to remove the stains?

Thomas Boni Says:
    July 26th, 2018 at 12:50 pm

Hi, Linda!

Absolutely. One manufacturer is Giani Countertop Transformations, which can be applied to cultured marble.
    Thanks for your question!

• Linda Says:
    July 24th, 2018 at 6:29 am

Can you resurface cultured marble? I used a paint kit one time to cover old formica and make it look like “granite” – it was a surprisingly good look. Is there anything that can be done for cultured marble? I have some 40 year old molded bathroom sink/countertop combos and a bathtub to match.

Thomas Boni Says:
    July 8th, 2018 at 2:57 pm

Hi, Allan!

We would clean it thoroughly and consider using gel gloss to fill in the cracks and provide the support that you need to continue using the tub.

Gel gloss is available at any home center.

Good luck!

• Allan Larson Says:
    April 21st, 2018 at 10:36 am

I have a cultured marble bathtub 45 years old and it has developed tiny hairline cracks can I repair. I have been thinking epoxy glue or fibreglass ps it is a jet tub I want to save it’s life. Help

• Norma Bradshaw Says:
    February 3rd, 2015 at 7:33 pm

I have been searching all over the Internet trying to purchase a cultured marble shower kit online, but have had no luck. Would you possibly be able to help me locate a manufacturer or dealer?

Cultured Marble for Your Bathroom