DIY Electronic Containment System for Dogs in Your Yard
While fences are the most common method of keeping a dog from roaming, I’ve found that another option is to install an electronic containment system in your yard. These systems have the advantage of being easier and less expensive to install than a fence, though they requires a bit of training to teach the dog to recognize the invisible barrier to avoid being shocked.
DIY kits are available that allow you to install an electronic containment system in your yard. Here’s how to go about it:
- Dig a 3”- 4” deep trench around the perimeter of the area.
- Place the wire in the trench.
- Fill the trench with dirt.
- Attach the buried wire to the transmitter.
- Place flags along the wire boundary to act as a reminder to the dog during training.
- Put the battery powered, wireless collar on the dog.
- Lead the dog near the wire until the collar emits an audible warning chirp. When the dog ventures closer to the wire, a mild shock is administered by the collar.
Watch this video to find out more.
Videos You May Like
|Dog-Proof Plants for a Yard||Pet Friendly Home and Yard||Innovative Way to Seal Out Dust During...||How to Prevent Your Dog from Digging U...|