Full Episodes of Today's Homeowner with Danny Lipford
Energy Efficient Window and Door Replacement for Your Home
By: Danny Lipford
Watch this video to see how Jeanne McCabe and John Reis of Katonah, New York—the winners of the JELD-WEN Utility Bill Bailout—reduced their heating and cooling bills by replacing the drafty, single pane, aluminum frame windows on their house with insulated, double pane windows from JELD-WEN Windows & Doors. In addition, the old exterior doors were replaced as well.
When replacing the windows on your home:
- Window Glass: Choose insulated glass windows with low-E coating and energy efficient gas, such as argon or krypton, between the panes.
- Window Frames: Select energy efficient, insulated vinyl or aluminum clad frames over solid aluminum frames.
- Window Warranty: Read the window and glass warranty carefully to make sure the glass is covered for fogging caused by seal leakage.
- Window Installation: Since window replacement is fairly complicated, consider professional installation rather than attempting to do the project yourself.
Read episode article to find out more.
- Advantages of Replacing Your Windows and Doors (video)
- How to Reduce Home Heating Bills and Save Energy (video)
- Upgrading and Replacing Doors on Your Home (article)
- Window Repair and Replacement for Your Home (video)
Videos You May Like
|Road Trip with My Daughter||Advancements in Window and Door Techno...||Window Sash Replacement||Installing Insulated Windows on the Ku...|