Framing the Addition on the Kuppersmith Project House
By: Danny Lipford
After the concrete footings had been poured and concrete block foundation walls laid, we began framing the master bedroom addition for the Kuppersmith Project home. Since the existing house was an older home where some settling had occurred, it’s important that care was taken when framing up the addition so the two floors would be level.
Here are the steps we followed when framing up the addition:
- Established location of addition.
- Dug trenches for footings.
- Installed rebar reinforcement for footings.
- Poured concrete footings.
- Laid concrete block foundation walls.
- Installed sills and floor joists on block walls.
- Nailed and glued plywood subfloor to floor joists.
- Attached wall sole plates to subfloor.
- Assembled walls on floor.
- Raised walls and attach to sole plates.
- Installed ceiling joists on top of walls.
- Raised rafters on walls.
- Attached plywood decking to rafters.
- Covered plywood decking with roof wrap.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Reinforcing House Framing Against Wind Damage (video)
- How to Reinforce a Porch Roof Against Wind Damage (video)
- How to Strengthen Wall Framing on a Sunroom (video)
- Taking Down Walls (article)
Videos You May Like
|Pouring Concrete Foundation for the Ku...||Finishing Foundation Walls||Kuppersmith Project 2: Foundation||Matching the Bricks and Mortar on the ...|