Fire Safety Tips for Your Kitchen
By: Danny Lipford
Most home fires start in the kitchen and are caused by cooking on a stove. To keep your kitchen safe, it’s important to have both smoke alarms and fire extinguishers in your home.
- Fire Extinguisher: You never know when a fire might start, so it’s important to keep a fire extinguisher within reach in your kitchen at all times. Fire extinguishers are now available in attractive designs and designer finishes that blend in with your kitchen décor.
- Smoke Alarms: It’s important to install smoke alarms throughout your home including bedrooms, hallways, living rooms, dens, and in stairways. The kitchen itself is not the best place for a smoke alarm, since it will often go off when cooking. Instead, locate a smoke alarm in an adjacent room to avoid nuisance alarms while still giving a quick response time. Wireless smoke alarm systems are available that all sound in unison when one is activated.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Safe at Home (video/article)
- Fire Safety for Your Home (video/article)
- Installing Smoke Alarms in Your Home (video)
- How to Install CO Detectors in Your Home (video)
Videos You May Like
|Child Kitchen Safety Tips||Choosing Appliances for a Kitchen Reno...||Choosing Kitchen Appliances||Innovative Cooking Technology for Your...|